The File Manager allows you to make changes to your site files through your browser using HTTP.
This method can be used instead of using an FTP tool/program or other Third Party Software. You can upload, Delete or Create Files, Arrange Files into different folders and change file permissions with ease. While not as sophisticated as your usual FTP Tools the File Manager allows you to have all the basic functionality you require to manage your website.
How to access the File Manager
- Log in to your account through our site login.
- Go to your ‘Accounts‘ home page
- Under ‘Account Overview’, Click ‘view’ next to the number of products and services.
- Inside the “My Products & Services” list, Find your service and hit “View Details” located to the right
- Within Your Service, you will our “Quick Shortcuts” Menu
- Here you will find your File Manager
Creating a new File or Folder
Folders can be a very useful way of organising your files and the structure of your account. It will also make maintenance of your site much more efficient. To create a new File or Folder please do the following.
- Click on the “New File or New Folder” link.
- Enter the name of the new File/Folder and define the location where it will be created.
- Click on the “Create New File/Folder” button. And the new file or folder will appear in the chosen location.
Remeber when Creating a “New File” you must add the correct extension. For example, if you create a CSS file, The extension will be .css
Uploading files in File Manager
You can start uploading files through File Manager by clicking on the “Upload” icon.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to upload your files.
- Click on the “Upload” icon.
- Click on the “Browse” button next to one of the top fields.
- Search for and double-click on the first file to upload. The upload will start automatically.
- Repeat the above steps for each file you want to upload.
- Click on the “Overwrite Existing Files” checkbox if you want to overwrite existing files with the same name.
Editing a file
Editing a file through File Manager allows you to make immediate changes to your website without having to edit and re-upload a new version of the file. this can be very useful for small changes but is not recommended for large alterations to your files.
To edit a file please follow these steps
- Navigate to the folder where the file is located.
- Click on the name of the file.
- Click on the ‘Edit Link’ in the top menu of your window. This will open a new window with the content of the file displayed.
- Alter the text of the file.
- Click on the “Save Changes” button when you are ready. The file is saved and the changes will take effect from now on.
You can use more well-known editors, Such as Filezilla or another third party program to view your files or make alterations to your files. You can also use the “View” Link within the File Manager menu to view the file for reading purposes only so that you don’t make alterations to the wrong file.
Extracting/Compressing a file
You can extract archived files using the ‘Extract’ button. Found in the top right of the File Manager.
You can also create your own archives. Select the files and folders which you want to include in the archive, click ‘Compress’ and then ‘Compress File(s)’.